Sunday, June 1, 2008

Loneliness

It's really amazing how being absolutely alone in the lab (and possibly the whole science building) on a weekend is a soul sapping experience. Normally, I am given to being quite fine by myself, but working alone in a sub-subterranean lab really strips you of the ability to be a lone wolf. It also makes me hate everyone outside the science building (which is basically the entire set of people in the world since I am usually alone in the science building at such moments of despair). I sometimes feel like the belicose Silastic Amorfiends of Striterax (just read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy anytime I become incomprehensible). Actually, I feel more like Wowbagger the infinitely prolonger. He was a guy who had an accident with two rubber bands, a liquid lunch, and a particle accelerator. COnsequently, he became immortal. Eventually, he got so tired of the universe that he took it upon himself to zip around the universe and insult each and every organism in it; he proceeded to do so alphabetically.

I should not become a researcher.

No comments: